April 18-19, 2016. Hosted by TNO, The Hague.
YEAR ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2016 – OPEN INNOVATION
YEAR Annual Conference 2016 will be organised in Netherlands with a focus on Open Innovation.
Conference will be hosted by YEAR member TNO in cooperation with JongTNO.
Open Innovation, a new way to conduct research?
Open Innovation is an important component of the foreseen European Innovation System, where all stakeholders need to be involved and create seamless interaction and mash-up for ideas in innovation ecosystems.
There are 5 key elements in the Open Innovation process:
- Collaboration: involving partners, RTOs, competitors, universities, and users;
- Corporate Entrepreneurship: enhancing corporate venturing, start-ups and spin-offs;
- Proactive Intellectual Property Management: creating new markets for technology;
- Research and Development (R&D): achieving competitive advantages in the market.
The program will follow the same concept as the previous years: on Conference Day 1, experts and trainers will provide the attendees with good background information on the topics. On Conference Day 2, a workshop on the submitted project ideas will take place. Around 15-20 young researchers participating in the conference submit their innovative research project ideas prior to the conference and get a chance to win the YEAR Award consisting of a European Project Management training course and 5000 Euro to further develop the project ideas (travel grant or to participate in a conference).
WHY SIGN UP?
The Annual Conference will focus on Open Innovation. The conference offers young and early career researchers the opportunity to gain valuable experience and know-how in how to conceptualise a competitive European project. Don’t miss the following opportunities:
- Open discussions between young European Researchers on Open Innovation matters
- Possibility to win a project management course and a grant for pre-project phase of winning project idea*
- Conference/training with Open Innovation experts
- Great platform for networking with ultra-motivated young researchers from all Europe
- Conference is free of charge for YEAR members**
- Last but not least, for those willing to extend their network, JongTNO organises a social weekend before the Annual Conference on 16-17 April
*For non-YEAR members the winning prize is a project management course
**For non-members the fee for participation is 420 euros
If you have any questions, please, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org